Thursday, October 2, 2008

My First Day in JAPAN!!!!

Once we moved my luggage into my C206, and the Kaikan Office Staff checked the room with me to ensure that everything was in order, my buddy brought me to a department store to purchase whatever I was lacking or needed. And the GREAT thing is that this department store is directly OPPOSITE my hostel! Haha… I just cross the overhead bridge and I’m there, less than a few mins walk! So super convenient! AND guess wad the name of the department store is……….., “JUSCO” (like Justin’s company!!) as if it was made for me! Wahahaha… Check out the pics! =)

CUP NOODLES GALORE! wahaha... all kinds, types and flavours!


My first Purchase! =) bought soap shampoo and some other stuffz

These counters are just after the cashers, everyone actually brings their stuff and then proceeds to pack them on these counters. Interesting and really efficient way to handle crowds! =)



Pictures of JUSCO from one side of the bridge

eh... haha the over head bridge




And the entrance to my hostel! haha its really LITERALLY opposite my hostel! so convenient!
Let me just cut in here and properly introduce my Buddy!. His Name is “Hikaru Miyazaki”, male, age 22 yrs, a 4th Year Law Student. Currently Single and looking for a gf, those gals the find him cute, just drop me an email @ jusdomain@hotmail.com wahaha… like pimping… anyway, here’s his photo, =)

After shopping, we realized that it was still early so we decided that my buddy should bring me to the University to check out the place. Pics below! =) Travelling to the uni was another new experience for me as it was the first time I was going to take a public bus in Japan! The procedure is rather different from Singapore and I promise to get pictures and post exactly how it goes asap!
In general, Kyushu University seems rather old and it's individual facilities are actually small in comparison to SMU, like for example its library is only 2 stories high and each floor is rather small. BUT the university in a whole is split into 5 major sections and I have not really explored it all so I think it’s still too early for me to judge. But all-in-all, the feel of the place is great and I look forward to getting some work done there. =)

Me at the entrance of the sch (its actually the side entrance)
The main area where all my lessons are expected to be held!

Here's the entrance of the Internation student Centre (ISC)
Maps of my campus!

The side entrance of my school! =)


More maps of my school haha...
After a tour of the sch, my buddy then brought me to a nearby store – “Don Ke Ho Te” (they call it Donkey in short haha!) and this store was like a mini Carrfour! It seemed to have everything, from food, to bath stuff, to electronics, dvds, shoes, watches, bags, clothes, and all packed into a single level small shop! Haha… it was like I kept reaching a turn in the shop only to see more stuff! =) the wonders of japan!! Being able to squeeze so many things into a small area! Woohoo! I’ll definitely visit it again! =). In addition, I’m adding some unique pictures! haha



Above are the pictures of DONKEY! =)

And the unique pictues that i'm talking about are below! haha this is reallu going to interest the guys! =) In japan each store has this "under 18" area, and they have all their adult stuff inside haha... obviously... being OVER 18, i went in and took some pictures - Most probably not supposed to be... haha... who cares...! Inside they have costumes, toys and dvd etc haha... unique ah! =)







Once we were done, Hikaru walked with me to the nearest bus stop, we arranged to meet up the next morning at 11am Japan time at Kyudai (Kyushu Daigaku – Kyushu University) and I took a bus back to the Kaikan myself.

The day was not over for me as I still needed a few things to purchase, and I actually wrote up a list before walking over to ‘JUSCO’ to get some of the stuff I needed before heading back to Kaikan, for a bath and an early rest from a LONG tiring day!! =)

WOOOHOOOO!~!!!! that ends my first day at IN JAPAN! wah... =)

No comments: