Saturday, September 27, 2008

Arrival at Fukuoka Airport was familiar yet confusing… haha… familiar coz the last time I came here for holiday with my family, we also arrived in this airport, and it seems that the airport is sooooo small that they only have like 2 belts from which to collect our languages… haha… AND I actually happened to collect mine from the same belt as the last trip! (ehh… but with the odds of 50%, doesn’t seem that difficult lah…).

Anyway, I officially also did my first cock up at the airport. Damn! So fast lohz… luckily only me ard to laugh at myself! Wahaha!! BUT wait! I have to defend myself first -> The thing is that this airport is so different from Singapore!, they have so many ‘check points’ that i felt like a toy going through some kind of conveyor belt and getting different parts put on me along the way! That’s why I blur a bitz lah…

Anyway… yeah, so what happens is that first you exit the plane (in your blur just wake up state), then you reach the first check point, where you see this kawaii lady standing at the exit handing out forms to you, so you join the queue and just follow the flow (typical Singaporean), once you receive the forms, you get directed to the next stop… guess what, just 20 meters away is… ANOTHER queue… to go through a temperature scanner (that ensures you don’t have a fever), so I thought it’s a common thing where you just walk through correct? WRONG!!!! HWA!! They must make sure that only one person walks through at a time loh! Super lay-chey, maybe I just suey… dun remember having to do that the last time round. Anyway, having NO CHOICE… I just queued loh. And it seems like that JAPs like to mentally torture you coz just beyond this queue, you can clearly see what you are in for next… behold!… my 3rd line of humans all standing just after the queue I was in now… so AGAIN i joined a queue BUT at least this one was a little more logical, coz it was for the customs clearance, I just spent my time filling in the forms that I had on hand and proceeded with the usual clearance. From there, I headed to collect my luggage… and in Singapore’s context, once you get your luggage you can happily exit already correct? GUESS WAD…. IN JAPAN… PLEASE JOIN THE NEXT QUEUE!!! OMG LOH!... the queue this time was to check your luggage and whether you declared that you have brought any illegal items with you!.. (Seriously, sometimes I think that these companies are just DUMB… if I had brought like drugs would I declare it?!?!) anyway, here comes my ‘cock-up’ incident!... as per the last 3 queues, I happily joined this one too… and this queue was NOT short ok! There were at least around 20 people in front of me lah… and so I waited till it was finally my turn and just when I was about to walk through, the lady at the counter looked at me and asked me – “Sorry Sir may I have your Form Pls”… then I look back at her… and then at my hands… and then back at her… and then my hands again…(faintz)… I DIDN’T HAVE A FORM LAH!!!!!!!! So I gestured to her that I didn’t have one… and she pointed to this counter where you have all these forms and some pens for you to fill in! wha!!! I was totally sian-ed lah!!! Then she gestured that I would have to join the queue AGAIN after I filled in the form… zzzzzzzz super sian… wha, at that time I wanted to just do a Jacky Chan – kick their asses and miraculously ‘escape’ stunt… BUT… of course I didn’t lah… dots… had to drag all my stuff back to the counter then fill in the form and join back the STUPID queue (at least only left like 5 to 6 people in the queue this time, else I sure go berserk!)

And so Finally after a total of 4 queues on the conveyor belt, the toy was completed and ready to be shipped, I headed outside where my buddy and a staff member was waiting (they thought that I missed the plane coz I took so long! Haha) and then we took a cab to the Kaikan (Hostel).
Haha…. I just realized that my ‘passage’ on just the arrival already damn long ah! Haha…. Didn’t think I’ll write so long, anyway I’ll continue, and use more photos instead, in case it gets too boring to read! (coz in the airport nv take photos!)… think I’ll start a new post…

No comments: