Saturday, September 27, 2008

(My Hostel!) Watashi no Kaikan Desu

Ok, so we reached the Kaikan (Hostel) and my first impression was “OMG!! Looks damn old lah, wait kana like Joyce’s hostel in Taiwan then jia lut…” haha… plus in my pre-arrival booklet they stated that I’ll have the following items in my room -> the regular bed, desk, wardrobe AND irregular!, OWN TOILET, BALCONY and REFIGERATOR! Haha… I was thinking like rather impossible right? The place so old and run down...


This is the office Building... on weekends its totally locked... actually just a small area with a small office lah... =)

The Front gate heading to my hostel,

My block is the one all the way to the right! (Block C), there's a small exit there that leads straight to a Bus Stop(To Kyushu Uni) and an overhead bridge (To a Huge Department Store Opp)
I'm on the 2nd floor so we had to 'Gang' all my barang up a flight of steps! =)

Followed by this OLD, scary, horror movie like corridor... it can get really spooky in the evenings... i get the chills just walking through it in the middle of the night! haha...

And finally i reach my Hostel... (Woohoo! excited to see exactly how it looks!)

Oh yeah... i'm in C-206 (Blk C / 2nd Floor / Unit 06) haha... my 'unit plate'.
Wahaha... and finally!!! =) My hostel Pictures! =) once again! The JAPS SURPRISE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha… They are true to their word!!, although its small, but still it does have all the items that they said they have! =) To make it a little more interesting to view, i'm adding some before and after photos. You decide which is which! =)
-- (Before = Haven't unpacked / bought stuff to resupply)
-- (After = Cleaned up / Stocked up / Unpacked!)
First UP - the View when you enter!

Followed by the Toilet that they mentioned! (Seriously like Hotel!!, its small, BUT good enough for me!!!)



This is the view from my bed! =) all the shelfs etc... really useful to have so many compartments, and this is not all... to the left of all these is my wardrobe, with more compartments! =)

Wahahaha!!! the Fridge! (I thought they would give me like one of those mini fridges... BUT look at the size of THAT... haha... i dunno wad to stock it up with sia!)
And of course! my study desk, fully equiped with the super bright table light! haha =)



And yupz... the wardrobe i was talking about before =)

Opps! nearly missed out my bed! haha... with JJ enjoying himself at the corner! wahahahaha!!!. (I had to go buy my own Sheets and Blanket that night and i Bought the WRONG size lah!!! omg... haha... the sheets are actually too big!!! but i think i managed to fold them in enough such that they dun show right!?! =)

And Finally!, as they mentioned... my very own balcony!! where i can hang my clothes to dry! =) if you can see the little squares outside, its actually coz the wired up the entire external of the building... i'm also not sure for wad... but most prob for security reasons, in case outsiders plan to climb in =)


The rest are just some random shots that i took, just added them so everyone could see =)





Haha... JJ looks so cute lah! haha... but i think he's going to stay indoors for a LONG LONG time... poor thing... =)
Ok.... heading back to the externa-ties of my hostel, the following is the pic of the laundry room, which is located at the 'basement'...

Any my very own letter box... which i'm rather sure will be absolutely under utilised...

The bicycle parking right beside my C Block! - omg... Everyone and i mean EVERYONE from the young to the old ALL ride bicycles everywhere! haha... like in Taiwan there is motorcycles (right joyce!) in Japan, everyone uses a bicycle!... i'm thinking that i'll most prob be getting one to go to sch everyday!! haha... maybe i will... hmmm... will be so much cheaper... and can 'Jian Fei'.
And lastly! the Park right outside my hostel!, Good for jogging,! i actually went for a morning jog yesterday and the place was generally ok, not many 'facilities' to workout on (like in Singapore) but still a nice place to jog!
Okie dokky! =) i'm done with My hostel post! haha... i think that the place is just cool lah!. Hmmm, the weather here is also not bad, just a little unpredictable at times. All of a sudden, it can get at hot as Singapore, then suddenly the temperature can drop like i think 10 degrees lah! (just exaggerating) haha... but it can suddenly get cold, plus the wind plays a major factor!!! it can get really chilly at times.
I actually have many more stuff to update on like the problems with my Bank account creation, phone connection, INTERNET connection (Have to come to sch to use loh!), hoe the bus works, my exploration of the area around my hostel, and maybe more on my activities later (heading to hte city centre - 30min bus ride!, hope i dun get lost!) haha... UNFORTUNATELY i think that i'll not have the time to do it till some time later, coz from tomorrow, my orientation will be starting and its a 3 day camp thing (travelling to Mount Aso, with 'wen quan' hehe). Hope i have fun there!
MOST importantly, alls well over here and i really think that i'm definately going to enjoy my stay in Japan!!! ok then till the next time i bring myself to blog!

No comments: